Countdown

3...2...1...Happy New Year!
Oh wait...the New Year began already. I can't help doing a countdown. According to dictionary.com, the meaning of countdown is as follows:

count·down

[kount-doun] 

–noun
1.
the backward counting in fixed time units from the initiation of a project, as a rocket launching, with the moment of firing designated as zero.
2.
the final preparations made during this period.
3.
a period of increasing activity, tension, or anxiety, as before a deadline.
 
 
Most of us, at some point, start a countdown. We all countdown the end of a year on New Year's Eve. I know a person who counts down from Winter to Spring. My kids countdown to the final day of school. It doesn't matter what we do it to. We do it. But why do we countdown? We do it because it gives us excitement and joy. The anticipation of the end or the beginning...something to look forward to.
I am doing a countdown right now. I am counting down to the day when the final Harry Potter movie will be released. I am counting down to the day where I can be transported into a magical world for the last time. A day to witness the final showdown between Harry and Voldermort...the triumph of good over evil. Isn't that what life is all about?
76 days until Harry Potter.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory...

An End of A Journey

Memorial Day