Never Say Never

Many, many years ago when I graduated from college, I swore that I was done with school and would never go back. School was always a chore for me and never interesting. I never thought I would go to college. This was mostly due to financial reasons. However, I got accepted into the local city university and had the first 2 yrs of my tuition paid for. My grades were all over the place. Nine years after I began college, I finally graduated with a Bachelor's degree. My nine years were highlighted by several jobs, a hiatus from school and then eventually part-time at night. I had finally done it and wished not to do it again.
Fast forward 15 yrs and here I am doing it again. Due to a change in career direction, I found myself back in school again taking courses that would allow me to go to Grad School. Yes. Grad school. This time around, the classes and professors are interesting. I enjoy my time in school learning. Tonight I took the Miller Analogies Test, which is a requirement in order to be accepted into Graduate School. It was hard, but I did it. Might have to do so again in the future, but won't know for sure for another 2 weeks. The past year back in school has been an amazing ride for me. Something I thought I would never do...pursuing a Graduate Degree...I am doing. It will take me awhile once again, but I am doing it and this time loving it! Which goes to show you that you should never say never.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory...

Memorial Day

An End of A Journey