An End of A Journey

Last week I had the pleasure of watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 in the movie theater. I was enthralled with watching Harry move forward with his task of destroying Lord Voldemort. I was on a cinematic journey, which unfortunately came to end that day as the story came to an end. I have watched every Harry Potter film and taken the journey with him through his childhood, life at Hogwarts with his friends and the task at hand for him.
However much I enjoyed the cinematic journey of those 8 films, I wouldn't have been able to do it without JK Rowling, the author of the books. Her storytelling took me on a journey in my mind. A journey that lasted for 7 books. I find that I enjoy going on literary journeys and have been doing so for quite some time.

My first literary journey was with Anne Rice's Vampire Lestat. I was able to journey with him to Europe and New Orleans. I met David Talbot, Louis and Marius to name a few.

I took a journey with Edward and Bella in Stephanie Meyers' Twilight series. I am now enjoying the cinematic journey of Twilight. Vampires and werewolves...oh my!


 My last literary journey that I took, was with the Outlander Claire Beauchamp when she went through the stones in Inverness and went back in time to 1743 Scotland. There she met and fell in love with Jamie Fraser. I traveled with them through Scotland , then to France and to the New World where the rumblings of the American Revolution was just starting to begin. This particular journey has been put on hold as I anxiously await its continuation.

In the meantime, I journey to Panem...the ruins of North America with a totalitarian government. It will be a quick and short journey that I promised my son that I would take. It is the 2nd journey that I have taken for my son. The first being with Percy Jackson and the Olympians...Greek Gods and their demi-god children.
But now, in Panem, the children pay the price for a past rebellion against the government. I journey to a place on Panem referred to District 12. Katniss Everdeen has just volunteered to take her sister's place in The Hunger Games. I will journey with her as she fights to stay alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory...

Memorial Day