Black History Month

 Apologies. I am late in posting. Time management has never been one of my strong suits, especially when dealing with ADD. But alas, I try and do the best I can. 

Today is Febuary 23rd. I am 3 weeks late in posting about Black History Month. Though late, I have tried and continue to learn what I can about Black History and those involved with history. As a teacher of Black and Brown students in NYC, I owe it to my students to learn and understand. My school is generally good about helping and pushing all of us to be the best we can be for our students. The curriculum does not always allow for in depth studies. It would be nice if that changed. As hard as it is, I will hold out some hope for the future. With lack of incorporating into the curriculum, this is where the doors and bulletin board decorating comes into play for students to peruse and comment on. 


Black History Month


Celebrating Black Authors of middle school books.


Past, Present & Future figures in Black History


Celebrating the "Hidden Figures" and Katherine Johnson


Learning from Black History


Quotes


Recognizing those that made contributions to this world


Mathematicians

Hopefully, moving forward, more will be done to incorporate black history into day to day curriculum. For now, we celebrate in the hallways for all to see and learn. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory...

Memorial Day

An End of A Journey